Emergency Preparedness and Response (EP&R) Policy
Balton CP (BCP) is committed to the safety and well being of its staff, customers, contractors and all stakeholders. This policy outlines the steps to be taken to prepare for and respond to an emergency affecting BCP and its operations.
These requirements are met through the implementation of Major Incident and/or Business Continuity plans, which will enable BCP to respond effectively in an emergency situation. BCP will swiftly and effectively respond to emergency situations with the foremost goals of preserving life, protecting the organisation's property and restoring day to day operations as quickly as possible.
The aim and objective of this policy is to ensure that BCP has effective arrangements in place to enable it to:
- Carry out regular risk assessments in order to identify and subsequently manage obstacles to effective emergency management.
- Train all staff in disaster and emergency response procedures
- Ensure all staff are fully aware of the personal responsibility to behave in such a way as to minimise the risk of emergencies occurring.
- React effectively to a major incident within/directly affecting the business so that it can, as is reasonably practicable, continue to provide essential services in the event of an emergency.
- Minimise disruption when unplanned events have the potential to significantly interrupt normal business.
- React effectively to a situation where there is a significant loss of staff, e.g. due to industrial action.
- Mitigate any financial impact of such events
- Ensure that all departments are involved in the preparation of the plans, so that there is an effective and consistent response to emergencies and/or service disruptions.
- Manage and contain major chemical spillage or leakage
- Respond to flooding or other unexpected weather conditions.
- Ensure that all plans are reviewed and improved on a regular basis.
- Support effective communications during an emergency or interruption.
BCP through continuous review will ensure that the plans and procedures in each operation are coordinated and adhered to:
ALL BCP Group employees are expected to carry out business activities in accordance with this EP&R Policy and act responsibly.